Divi Contact Form Not Working – Solution
The first thing you should do if your contact form is not working is creating an email account at your web hosting account (in case you already don’t have one). After this go to your WP admin panel and install the plugin Easy WP SMTP. Activate it and fill in all the fields in its settings (WP admin panel: Settings > Easy WP SMTP) like on my screenshot below.
You will need to enter the following details:
1) From Email Address – This email address will be used in the “From” field
2) From Name – This text will be used in the “FROM” field
I leave the “Force From Name Replacement” option unchecked
3) Reply-To Email Address – I just leave this blank, as I want to have the sender’s email address as the reply-to email
4) SMTP Host – Your mail server
5) Type of Encryption – For most servers SSL is the recommended option
6) SMTP Port – The port to your mail server
7) SMTP Authentication – This options should always be checked “Yes”
8) SMTP Username – The username to login to your mail server
9) SMTP Password – The password to login to your mail server
If your web hosting provider offers SSL encryption, choose this option like I’ve done. When you enter all details click “Save Changes”.
As for your SMTP username (8) and SMTP password (9), these are the details of your email account at your web hosting provider. You will need to have one, because it will be used for sending the emails from your contact form. And no, you won’t have to use it, just create it and simply continue using your Gmail account (or whatever you use) for your emails.
In the settings tab at the top you can see “Test Email”, so just enter the email address to which you want to send emails from your contact form into the “To” field. Enter some subject and message and hit the “Send Test Email” button. Check your email and voila if you have received it. Now your contact form should work. It was pretty easy, wasn’t it?
Feel free to subscribe to my newsletter for more Divi theme tips like this one. And don’t forget to update Divi to its latest version, so that you can prevent bugs and take the advantage of all the new features that are constantly being added to Divi as well.