How to Update Divi Theme to a Newer Version
This time I’m going to give you the instructions on how to update your version of the Divi theme. You may wonder why am I doing this, as you already know, it is really easy to update a WordPress theme. You just click on the “Update” button in your WP admin panel. However, it is not so easy with Divi and I will explain you why.
To update the Divi theme to a newer version you will need an ElegantThemes license. If you don’t have one yet, you can buy one here. I recommend the Developer license, as with this license you will also get access to ET great plugins like Bloom and Monarch. So you need to own a legal license for the ElegantThemes’ products.
Once you have a license, do the following:
- Log into your Elegant Themes account
- Go to Account & Your API Key
- Copy your API key into your clipboard
- In your WP admin panel go to Divi & Theme Options & Updates
- Enter your ET username and your API Key
- Click the “Save Changes” button at the bottom (or at the top)
- Go to Updates in you WordPress Dashboard and click “Update Themes”
Don’t forget to use a child theme. If you don’t know how to create one, check my article on how to create a child theme.
Also, the update sometimes doesn’t work if you try to update Divi in your WP admin panel in Appearance > Themes. If this is the case, try updating it in Dashboard > Updates.