Divi Contact Form Not Working – Solution
In this article I’d like to write about what to do if your Divi contact form doesn’t send emails. I already have some experience with this. On some web hosts it just doesn’t work, because they disable php mail for security reasons. So if you build a Divi website with the contact form module, first test the contact form if it works or not. If it doesn’t work, read on. We will install an SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) plugin to make it working.
The first thing you should do if your contact form is not working is creating an email account at your web hosting account (in case you already don’t have one). After this go to your WP admin panel and install the plugin Easy WP SMTP. Activate it and fill in all the fields in its settings (WP admin panel: Settings > Easy WP SMTP) like on my screenshot below.
You will need to enter the following details:
1) From Email Address – This email address will be used in the “From” field.
2) From Name – This text will be used in the “FROM” field
3) SMTP Host – Your mail server
4) Type of Encryption – For most servers SSL is the recommended option
5) SMTP Port – The port to your mail server
6) SMTP Authentication – This options should always be checked “Yes”
7) SMTP username – The username to login to your mail server
8) SMTP Password – The password to login to your mail server
If your web hosting provider offers SSL encryption, choose this option like I’ve done. When you enter all details click “Save Changes”.
Below these settings you can see “Testing And Debugging Settings”, so just enter the email address to which you want to send emails from your contact form into the “To” field. Enter some subject and message and hit the “Send Test Email” button. Check your email and voila if you have received it. Now your contact form should work. It was pretty easy, wasn’t it?